William Yeoward

William Yeoward Crystal came into existence in 1995, the result of a remarkable collaboration between Timothy Jenkins and William Yeoward. William, already a noted designer working in the field of furniture, lighting, fabrics, and interior accessories, was an avid collector of antique crystal, but felt that there was little contemporary crystal that was truly beautiful. Timothy, third generation in the family owned crystal business John Jenkins, founded in 1901, had an intimate knowledge of the European crystal industry and for some years had been making reproductions of antique pieces. A chance meeting in1993 brought Timothy and William together and they quickly found that they shared a passion for the beautiful crystal of the 18th and 19th Centuries and both wished that these wonderful pieces could once again be created and preserved for posterity. Although the Collection now includes over 1000 pieces of Crystal, Timothy and William continue to search for really special pieces to add to the Collection but have also included completely original pieces from their own creative imaginations – the living inspiration for William Yeoward Crystal.